Friday, September 15, 2006

Tie me up, tie me down

...to the struggle for the legal tender.

It's been crazy this week. Mojo and the Peeper are preparing for the Big Gappa Flight (their week-long sojourn to peeper-starved grandparents) while I've been working sun-to-sun for the nice people at ODOT. I've had a lot to do and a lot to think about: home, life, love, work, the capricious buggers at CCAA, the ponderings of the Rumor Queen, the latest from Karen (exhausted but happy) and Millicent (exhausted and not-so-happy). I've been trying to get ready for my GS 108 (Oceanography) gig at Portland Community College SE Center this fall, keep the company nuclear testing gauges from falling into the hands of Osama bin Laden.

I've been dong a lot of reading - from the bizarre and funny stylings of Carl Hiaasen (finished "Basket Case" in four hours waiting for the drillers to tun in casing and repair their cathead yesterday...I've seldom read an odder or more entertaining novel. The critter is worth it for the hero-beats-down-burglar-with-frozen-corpse-of-monitor-lizard scene alone) to the latest from Diana Norman and waiting impatiently for the latest from L. M. Bujold...

But what I havent had is time to do much blogging. In fact - I've got to run to work RIGHT NOW.

I'll be back, though. More H&I fire this weekend. Until then, stop by Chapman School to see the swifts. They're COOL!!

No comments: