Saturday, June 13, 2009

0.750

Three-quarters of the way to 1,000 posts. Jesus wept, how the hell do I manage to have a real life.

Anyway, huge project blew up Thursday and Friday. That's done, now it's kidlets and Mojo and the weekend. I'm hoping to get back to the question of "What the hell are we doing overseas" but there's also a decisive battle for June. More this weekend.

Oh, and for those of you who remember the old "Intel Dump", there's a bunch of us (I hope that more of you will pull up a stool and start more conversations) who are looking to start a sort of "Intel Dump v2.0". It's over at a place called "MilPub", and despite the name we're hoping for a place where we can put our feet up and wrangle over everything from military policy to gardening to who invented liquid soap and why. If you want to be a bartender, drop me a line at dlgellar@msn.com, and I can get you in.

Tell 'em Clausewitz sent ya.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think this is a brilliant idea. We know those impassioned IntelDumpers are out there. Some (Bill Keller, fnord and others) are at Abu M., some are elsewhere. . .

If you could snag them, I'm sure we could get the otherwise reclusive Ranger aboard. (He'll get this later.)

FDChief said...

Lisa: I'd welcome your input, too. Drop me a line at dlgellar@msn.com and I'll get you a passkey.

I wondered where Bill and fnord and some of the others were. I have no patience for AM, tho. Too much nattering about individual fire and movement while the operational art is elided...

What I'd like this to be is something like the old Dump, but with multiple authors, not just Phil Carter. Jim could have access and just post when the spirit listeth...or not.

And most of us who have talked about this agree that we don't want this to be JUST a military and foreign policy blog. So feel free to use it for subjects you wouldn't put up at RAW.

Hope to see you there.