Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hot fun in the summertime


Here's the soundtrack for this one, by the way...)

[five six seven eight...]

All: End of the spring and here she comes back
Hi Hi Hi Hi there
Them summer days, those summer days
That's when I had most of my fun, back
Hi hi hi hi there
Them summer days, those summer days
Rose: I "cloud nine" when I want to
Freddie: Out of school, yeah
Larry: County fair in the country sun
Sly: And everything, it's true, ooh yeah
All: Hot fun in the summertime
Hot fun in the summertime
Hot fun in the summertime
Hot fun in the summertime...

(Just a couple of notes:

The eighth picture down (after Freddie sings "Out of school, yeah) is the great little soccer bar on Hawthorne 442. My friend Janelle and I went to watch the Timbers' awful debacle at Dallas (see the "Nibbled by Goats..." post down the feed) and met the couple on the far left of the picture. They were young teachers, moving to Idaho for their new jobs and getting married this fall, and were just ridiculously and painfully adorable.)

Two pictures below that is the truck cab on the way to work on a hot summer day, with everything I need to make things happen; phone, camera, notebook, lunch, vis-vest, reading glasses, novel (for the down times), coffee.

And I think the rest pretty much speak for themselves. How's your summer going...?)

No comments: