Friday, August 08, 2014

Friday Jukebox: Cowboy Heartbreak Edition

I'm not a huge "country music" fan - at least, not a fan of what is typically sold as "country music" and you know damn well what I'm talking about; rednecks, longnecks, pickup trucks, God, the Flag, the EwwEssofAy, corn, and...well, corn.

I hate fucking corny unless it's REALLY corny. I can tolerate dorky old Broadway songs, but the 21st Century version of ignerant hicks proud to be ignerant? Fuck that noise.

But...there's a certain sort of country that I do enjoy, and Eilen Jewell puts it out like sweet bourbon on a how summer's night. Here she is doing "High Shelf Booze"...

And since I'm feeling generous, here's one of my favorite rockabilly/Latino/Western Swing bands, The Mavericks, knocking over one of my favorites: "All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down":


Hope you're looking forward to the weekend. Drink your Gatorade; it's gonna he hot outside.

No comments: