Monday, October 10, 2016

Apology and Explanation

I've been a bad, bad blogger.
The First Rule of Blogging is, after all, Thou Must Above All Have New Content and I've done two things here in September and October; diddly and squat.

Oh, don't get me wrong; I - as in the real I, the IRL I, the person who lives behind this page - have done a pantsload; worked (a lot!), parented and husbanded, watersealed the deck, painted the front steps and the front fence, realized that I suck massively as a gutter-and-downspout contractor...watched, and written a gajillion words about, soccer, played games, shot at the Trackers' archery range, read to my daughter, wrestled with my son over videogames, tried to figure out what the fuck is wrong with the Ranger pickup...talked with my sister about our mother, now frail and fading in her lonely post-Master Chief old folks home...

But I haven't been here. And there's a couple of reasons for that.

One is that I've just been crazy busy in real life.

The other is that my laptop at home died.
It died hard, I gotta say. First the screen started to go, then the hard drive, finally the whole thing just wouldn't start. It was an ex-laptop, it had ceased to be, it had kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, rung down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible.

But that means I have to blog on the machine at work.

Which kinda sucks.

Because either I have to do this on work time - which my boss disapproves of - or I have to stay late at work, which I disapprove of.

And, frankly, given the state of financial play at the Fire Direction Center...it's unlikely that I will be getting a new machine anytime soon.
So.

I promise to be better at blogging. I wish I could say I had a backlog of posts in me; I don't. The only thing I had this week that I thought of posting was a comment regarding a female friend that watched the second Clinton-Trump debate. I asked her if she'd learned anything she didn't already know or hadn't guessed, and she replied that she was tremendously impressed with Clinton's poise and intelligence and now felt like she could vote FOR her instead of against the tangerine-hued shitgibbon.

I commented that it seemed like Hillary had grabbed her by the pussy, then.

She stuck out her tongue at me.
Anyway...I'll try and get something new up this week. I think it's time for another "The Army I Knew", wherein a certain young lady doesn't get her diamond earrings...

5 comments:

Brian Train said...

Missed you Chief!
Looking forward to another Army post.
What's wrong with the Ranger?
My son got a 2008 and it's been fine so far, first owner took good care of it though.

FDChief said...

Fuel. Either a clogged line or filter - easy fix - or fuel pump - more than the truck is worth to replace. I need to get a new filter and bleed the line to find out...

Big Daddy said...

Good luck with the truck, it's been a fixture in the firmament as long as we've known you. Also I may be able to hand down a semi working laptop, if you have a monitor to plug it into. I can understand the real life is more important than blog life thing, I've been holed up in Bend,working, biking, and cooking Korean food instead of emailing people.

Leon said...

I think around the start of 2017 you should write a new Decisive Battle: Hilary v Trump and the second debate.

FDChief said...

BD: Let me check around. I might have a spare monitor around the joint somewhere. I'll throw in some kimchee for makeweight.

Leon: Not a damn chance. I knew this was gonna be ugly, but I had nooooo idea...